REGULATIONS CONCERNING PRECIOUS METAL ARTICLES
1. The new Precious Metal Articles Act became effective in the Republic of Slovenia on 13 January 2006 (RS Official Gazette No. 04/06).
Besides the Slovenian manufacturers of precious metal articles, the Act also provides for importers or representatives of foreign manufacturers of precious metal articles to have their supplier's marks registered.
Suppliers of precious metal articles have the possibility of choosing between two ways of ensuring conformity of their precious metal articles, namely between:
- ensuring product conformity independently by maintaining the prescribed technical documentation, i.e. by self-declaration of product conformity under the supervision of MIRS. The responsibility for product conformity with regulations is thereby fully transferred to the manufacturers or suppliers; and
- the way done so far, i.e. by submitting the articles to MIRS for assaying and marking.
The new Act stipulates the issuing of a Certificate of Conformity with Regulations (POS) for any articles to which marks cannot be affixed. These products are listed in Article 6 of the Act. The articles listed there need not even bear a name stamp
2. Rules on the contents and form of the Certificate of Conformity of articles of precious metals with the regulations ( RS Official Gazette No. 85/00) The new Act stipulates the issuing of a Certificate of Conformity with Regulations (POS) for any articles to which marks cannot be affixed. These products are listed in Article 6 of the Act. The articles listed there need not even bear a name stamp
3. Rules on detailed contents of tehnical documentation produced and maintained by the suppliers of articles of precious metals who independently ensure conformity of articles with the regulations (RS Official Gazette No. 85/00)
5. Rules on designating legal persons and sole traders for assaying and marking the conformity of articles of precious metals with regulations (RS Gazette No. 4/06 - Official Consolidated Text) Besides MIRS, conformity analyses and approvals may also be performed by other organisations meeting the prescribed conditions.